It requires immense hard work to improve on something. Read below mentioned 10 tips to improve your writing skills –
- Read the work of great writers. If you don’t read, you won’t be able to know how to write properly. Read as much as possible. Pay attention to the writing style of the content.
- Start writing each day. The more you write, the better you’ll get. Writing is a skill and you will learn more only by practicing.
- Make writing a ritual. It benefits you in getting better.
- Eliminate distractions. Writing does not work well with multi-tasking or background noise. Start writing in a peaceful environment. Clear away disruptions so you can work without disruption.
- Plan first, then start writing. Then, when you are ready, you can sit down and just crank out the text.
- Experiment. Just because you want to match yourself with the great writers doesn’t mean you have to be exactly like them. Try out new things. Start experimenting with your style, your voice, and your themes. Try out new words. Invent new words. See what works, and toss out what doesn’t.
- Revise. Because revision is where good writing really is. It separates the mediocre from the great. Look not only for grammar and spelling mistakes but for redundant words and confusing sentences.
- Be concise. Edit sentences where applicable remove unnecessary things. A short sentence is preferred over a longer one, and a clear word is preferred over two in jargon.
- Use powerful sentences. Aim for shorter sentences with strong verbs. You might find this easier to do in the revision stage, as it might not be something you’re thinking about when you’re making out your first draft.
- Get feedback. Get someone to read over your stuff — prefer a good writer or an editor. Someone who is a voracious reader can provide you with honest and intelligent advice. Try to comprehend the criticism and use it to improve your writing skills.
We at Hera Public School focuses on providing our students with an interactive digital platform which helps in improving not only vocabulary but also pronunciation and intonation. We offer a dedicated English Language Lab, which holistically trains students. Students can acquire vocabulary through integrated learning and extensive listening, thereby polishing their English skills.
To know more about us, contact us on +91-840074838.